WELCOME TO THE MOORS CLUBHOUSE!
(Just click on The Clubhouse Use Agreement tab in Neighborhood Amenities for a printable pdf of the Clubhouse Use Agreement.)
Location: 40 Nonquit Road, Falmouth, Massachusetts
The Moors Clubhouse is a handicapped accessible building to be used exclusively to meet the social needs of Moors Association members and their families. A reservation with the Clubhouse Chairperson is required for use. A state of the art, partially equipped kitchen and attractive dining furniture make entertaining easy. Enjoy!
- An event exceeding 150 people will not be allowed anywhere on the property
- Please (1) read the Guidelines herein, (2) sign a copy of the Clubhouse Use Agreement, and (3) return it to the Clubhouse chairperson to officially reserve the use of the clubhouse for an event.
- Clubhouse Chairperson is to notify Moors Association members of large tented events via email 1-2 weeks before the event.
PROPERTY OF THE CLUBHOUSE:
Enjoyment of our community property must be consistent with the care, maintenance and security of the property.
The contents of the Clubhouse are for the enjoyment of all members who use the Clubhouse. All contents therein are to remain onsite, not to be removed or transported from the premises for personal use.
OPEN FLAME RESTRICTIONS:
- Smoking is prohibited in the Clubhouse
- Open flame candles are allowed in the clubhouse if housed in a non-flammable container (i. glass votive, vase or jar)
- Use of the inside porch grill is prohibited (A portable grill is stored in the adjacent shed for member use outside).
- Fire in the interior (Gathering Room) fireplace is allowed due to the built-in screening.
Alcohol cannot be stored on the premises and must be (by law) removed from the building immediately after the function. No alcoholic beverages shall be served to minors on the premises.
WHO CAN USE THE CLUBHOUSE
- The clubhouse, contents and surrounding grounds are available for use by Moors Association members who have signed the Clubhouse Use Agreement
- Use by non-members is only permitted if a Moors permanent member sponsors the event, takes full responsibility for any liability of the event, and attends the event.
FEES FOR USE OF THE CLUBHOUSE
$140 is charged (Check made payable to Moors Association) to members using the clubhouse per 1 day event. This fee covers the cost of professional cleaning.
- If more than three days are requested (i.e. for setup/cleanup), an additional $140 is charged and should be included in the payment.
The creation of disturbing NOISE for our neighbors, both in the Moors and nearby, is the primary concern when hosting a clubhouse event.
Please be aware that the Town of Falmouth ordinance for “Excessive, Loud, and Unusual Noises” governs Moors Clubhouse guidelines. It is considered a violation of the code (subject to a fine) if the noise “extends 150 Feet beyond the area from which it originates.”. This noise restriction applies to both daytime and evening hours and is applicable to both live and recorded music.
Noise from events on clubhouse grounds, particularly that generated by music, has been known to carry well beyond the Moors community into surrounding neighborhoods. Complaints almost always result in a visit by Falmouth police to ensure compliance.
Specifics of the Town of Falmouth Noise Ordinance can be viewed at:
FOR EVENTS OF 100 GUESTS OR MORE
- Portable Toilets/Tent required (maximum guests 150 allowed at an event).
- Placement of tent, generators and speakers:
- To minimize noise, location of tents, generators and speakers on clubhouse grounds must be located between the clubhouse and the Nonquit Road path.
- No such equipment will be allowed between the Nonquit Road path and the homes along Elm Road.
- Any insect repellent sprayed on Clubhouse grounds prior to events must be non-toxic.
PARKING ONLY Use of Clubhouse grounds
- Use of Moors clubhouse grounds for parking only must be reserved with Clubhouse Chair.
- Parking for all events will be limited to the grassy area near the tennis courts on the clubhouse side of courts, so as not to interfere with any co-occurring scheduled clubhouse events.
- In consideration to abutting residents:
- Please limit comings and goings of vehicles before 8am and after 11PM
- Please park cars facing the clubhouse (so as not to shine lights on Elm Road neighbors during an evening departure)
- Please remember that the property across Nonquit Road from the tennis courts is private property and no cars should ever be parked there
BUILDING ACCESS AND DEPARTURE
Access to the clubhouse will be on the morning of, or the day before, the event, or as arranged with Clubhouse Chairperson. Key will be provided by Clubhouse Chairperson accordingly.
The clubhouse should be properly locked and departure should be made quietly, no later than 11pm the day of the event unless otherwise arranged and reserved with Clubhouse Chairperson.
To ensure the safety and security of the Clubhouse, and in consideration for subsequent use by others, a Departure Checklist outlining the following duties of Clubhouse users is posted onsite in the kitchen.
- Please remove all decorations, personally owned serving utensils, vessels, containers and platters prior to departure. Any decorations or modifications are the responsibility of the event holder.
- Please remove everything in the refrigerator and oven.
- Please ensure cooktop, oven, lights, fans and faucets are turned off.
- Please remove trash prior to departure:
TRASH:Please return the Clubhouse key to the Clubhouse chairperson.
All trash, inside and out, must be removed from the premises. Disposal is the responsibility of event holder, by noon, the day after the event.
Thank you, everyone, for your cooperation and consideration for all our friends and neighbors in the Moors.
-- CLUBHOUSE USE AGREEMENT –
PLEASE CONFIRM AGREEMENT TO THE AFOREMENTIONED CLUBHOUSE GUIDELINES BY FURNISHING AND DELIVERING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (along with a check for $140 payable to Moors Associates) TO:
Denise MacKerron, Clubhouse Chairperson
243 Elm Road (Tel. 508-540-1621)
Additional fees if applicable:
$140 extra if event requires use of clubhouse or grounds for more than three days (set up/event/cleanup)
By signing below, the user confirms he/she:
- has read the rules expressed in the “Clubhouse Guidelines” outlined herein
- assumes full responsibility for the noise, behavior and safety of their guests, caterers, band, and their equipment, and the security of all clubhouse property
- understands that damage to Moors property will be subject to charges and/or use restrictions in the future
- will use and adhere to the Departure Checklist provided
Date of function: _______________________________________________
Date you would like access: ______________________________________
Date of departure and return of keys: _______________________________
Tent? YES NO
(Note: Tent is confirmed to be located between the Clubhouse and the Nonquit Road path)
Live Music? YES NO
(Note: Speakers are confirmed to be located between the Clubhouse and the Nonquit Road path)
Generator? YES NO
(Note: Generator is confirmed to be located between the Clubhouse and the Nonquit Road path)
MEMBER NAME AND PHONE NUMBER:
SIGNATURE AND DATE: